Xiaomi Mi 9 SE simply great smartphone below $350 with no competitors
For the second year in a row Xiaomi, along with the flagships of the Mi line, will present a sub-flagship model with the SE prefix. A whisper goes round the latest version of SE was released in 2019 and we will not see Mi 10 SE in 2020. It is in vain if this is true, since Mi 9 SE turned out to be not just a simplified model with respect to Mi 9, but also more attractive. It's all the same powerful and productive device with excellent cameras, modern design, advanced screen and sound. This is a great solution for those who do not need excess performance, who do not use the smartphone at 100% every hour and every minute. At the same time Mi 9 SE pulls all modern games at maximum settings. In general, if there is no difference, then why pay more, right? Now we will deal with this question.
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE - perhaps the best solution from Xiaomi
Xiaomi Mi 9 is the flagship and it is still better than Mi 9 SE - there is no argument. He still has a heaped up processor, a bigger screen and a battery, a bit better camera. However, Mi 9 is a solution for those who want to get the most from a smartphone and who have extra money for it. As for the Mi 9 SE, this smartphone is perfect for people who have a limited budget but still want to get an ultimatum solution, in many ways not inferior to more expensive gadgets. It's great that Xiaomi allows buyers to choose smartphones for different budgets and needs.
What is Xiaomi Mi 9 SE, is it really a great solution?
The first thing that surprises in the device is similar design with the Mi 9, the device looks like its older brother. The device is also made of tempered glass Gorilla Glass 5 and durable metal. The screen at the device completely repeats what can be seen in the Mi 9, only its dimensions differ. So, the SE version has a 5.97-inch Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of Full HD + and a usable area of up to 91%. In addition, the display has a built-in and high-speed fingerprint scanner, which is clearly superior to what is available in the very expensive Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus.
For the work of the gadget responsible the latest Snapdragon 712 processor from Qualcomm. The most interesting thing is that the new chipset is not much different from the predecessor Snapdragon 710, but still the presence of a newer version of the chip in the smartphone is an advantage. The 712th chip is 10% more powerful than the 710th, plus the new processor is capable of providing better sound for Bluetooth headsets and supports quick charging Quick Charge 4+ with the ability to charge batteries by 50% in just 15 minutes.
The triple camera is today a standard and Mi 9 SE supports it. The main camera is the same as the Mi 9 and this is a Sony IMX586 48 MP sensor with an aperture of f / 1.75 lens. Also, the device is equipped with a 13 MP wide-angle camera and an 8 MP sensor for measuring the depth of the photo. The only thing in which the device loses to the flagship Mi 9 is the impossibility of taking pictures with double optical zoom, and in other cases the device is not inferior.
Do not forget that the Xiaomi Mi 9 is the favorite of many NFC module, that is, the device can safely act as the main means of payment. But with the battery in the company we have installed the battery with a capacity of only 3070 mAh. Therefore, one should not expect over-autonomy from the apparatus, but at least one day of life is provided for it.
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE main specifications
- Body: aluminum alloy, tempered glass Gorilla Glass 5 with a holographic coating on the back panel;
- Display: 5.97 inches, Super AMOLED, 2340x1440, 19: 9 format, Always-On-Display, brightness 600 nits, HDR10, contrast 60000: 1, 103.8% NTSC, 91% of usable area;
- Processor: Snapdragon 712, 10-nm, 2xKryo 360 up to 2.3 GHz + 6xKryo 360 up to 1.7 GHz, 64-bit
- Productivity 208522 points in antutu
- Video accelerator: Adreno 616, frequency up to 700 MHz;
- RAM: 6 GB, two LPDDR4X channels with a frequency of 1866 MHz;
- Permanent memory: 64 or 128 GB, UFS 2.1;
- Memory cards: no;
- Main camera: Sony IMX586 48 Mp (1.6 nm pixel, 1/2 ", f / 1.75 - standard) + 8 Mp from Samsung (f / 2.4 - telephoto) + 13 Mp S5K3L6 (f / 2.4 - wide) double optical zoom, shooting with a review of 123 degrees, macro photography from a distance of 4 cm, EIS + OIS, phase / contrast Dual Pixel autofocus, 4K recording at 30 fps or 1080 p at 120 fps;
- Front camera: 20 megapixel with f / 2.0, pixel size 0.9 microns;
- USB Type-C 2.0, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC;
- Communications: 2 nano SIM cards, support 4G LTE Cat.16 up to 1.0 Gbps;
- Navigation: GPS, BeiDou, GLONASS;
- Security: fingerprint scanner (onscreen) + face recognition;
- Battery: 3070 mAh, lithium-ion, 18-watt support for Quick Charge 4+;
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie + MIUI 10;
- Dimensions: 147.5 x 70.5 x 7.45 mm;
- Weight: 155 g;
You can buy a smartphone on the website for as low as 340 dollars for the 4/64 GB version. There are all the colors of the device.