Redmi 7 - Xiaomi's new entry model on its path to popularity
Redmi budget series are historically very popular in every country where Xiaomi is present. It is so popular that the company decided to carve it out as a separate brand. The new Redmi 7 that we are going to review today has already been released without the Xiaomi branded on the back: "Redmi" brand is proudly imprinted as its brand (with, "Xiaomi" in small postscript , so that we don’t forget). This new phone is budget, but at the same time quite powerful and well balanced. Here are the specifications ics of the new smartphone.
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Specs
- Colors: black, blue, red;
- Case: plastic and tempered glass Gorilla Glass 5;
- Screen: 6.26 inches, IPPS-panel with LTPS technology, resolution 1520x720, 19: 9 format, contrast ratio 1500: 1, brightness 450 nit, 84% NTSC, 82% of usable area;
- Processor: Snapdragon 632, 14-nm, 4xKryo 250 up to 1.8 GHz + 4xKryo 250 up to 1.8 GHz;
- Graphics: Adreno 506, frequency up to 600 MHz;
- RAM: 2, 3, 4 GB, single-channel LPDDR3 with a frequency of 933 MHz;
- Permanent memory: 16, 32 GB or 64 GB, eMMC 5.1 standard;
- Memory cards: there is a combined slot with SIM2;
- Main camera: 12 MP with f / 2.2 + 2 MP, pixel size 1.25 µm, EIS (digital stabilization), phase autofocus, Full HD recording at 60 fps and 720 p at 120 fps;
- Front camera: 8 MP from Samsung with f / 2.2 aperture;
- Micro USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, 3.5 mm jack;
- Communication: 2 nano SIM cards, support 4G LTE Cat.12 up to 600 Mbps;
- Navigation: GPS-module with support for GLONASS and BeiDou;
- Security: fingerprint scanner (back) + face recognition;
- Battery: 4000 mAh, lithium-ion, support for Quick Charge at 10 watts;
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie + MIUI 10;
- Dimensions: 158.73 x 75.6 x 8.47 mm;
- Weight: 180 g;
Redmi 7 performance
Performance of the new Redmi 7 is supported by the Snapdragon 632 chip, which is made from a combination of Snapdragon 636 processor unit and graphic unit from the Snapdragon 625. As a result, it has powerful custom Kryo 250 cores up to 1.8 GHz and a weak Adreno 506 video accelerator. Looks like a weird decision but according to Antutu, its performance is very highly rated at more than 100,000 points. However, we can note that it cannot cope with the load on heavy games. Definitely Xiaomi know what they are doing, so the smartphone is equipped with a screen with reduced resolution to HD +, which greatly simplifies the work of the graphics subsystem and thus greatly improves gaming performance. The solution is quite predictable: Redmi 6 and Redmi 5 also had HD screens, and the cherished FullHD is only on Redmi 6 Pro and Redmi 5 Plus. If Redmi 7 Pro comes onto the market, you can rightfully expect it to be with FullHD + screen and a more productive platform.
The smartphone will appear on the market in three versions in terms of memory: 2GB/16GB, 3GB/32GB, 3GB/64GB and 4GB/64GB. The entry version will receive a very modest volume, but it will delight buyers enticingly low price. The second and third options are preferred, especially given the possibility of expanding the amount of internal memory using microSDXC cards up to 128GB
Redmi 7 cameras
There is no reason to expect good cameras from a budget phone, but Redmi 7 uses a very good pair of sensors for the main camera and a quite decent 8MP front camera. There is very little information on the front camera, except that it is able to recognize the face of the host (software function, recognition errors are possible), but there are more detailed data on the main camera:
- as the main module uses a sensor with a resolution of 12MP, f / 2.2 aperture and 1.25 micron pixel. The parameters correspond to the Omnivision OV12A10 sensor, which was previously used in the Redmi 5, Redmi 5 Plus and Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphones, and proved itself quite well.
- the camera has electronic stabilization, phase autofocus and can shoot video in FullHD resolution at 30 frames per second and at a speed of 120 frames per second, but already in HD 720p
- Also in the smartphone there are beginnings of artificial intelligence, which contributes photo quality improvement by selecting the most optimal camera settings, beautification, scene definition, etc.
Xiaomi Redmi 7 pre-order
Redmi 7 is available for order!
You can also place pre-order at your website and become the first owner of this novelty!